Kenyan NGO Jobs. Counsellors (2 Posts) in Kenya 2014
Kenyan NGO Jobs 2014
The Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS) is a non-profit organization, dedicated to improving reproductive health of men and women in Kenya, with its headquarters in Kisumu, Kenya.
NRHS has several projects researching on HIV prevention; it runs support groups for PLWHA and MARPS, and is working with the Ministry of Health to scale up male circumcision for HIV prevention in various parts of Nyanza Province.
NRHS is seeking to hire the following position: Counselors
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide voluntary HIV counseling and testing to clients
- Where necessary, , conduct a brief genital examination to assess circumcision status and to establish eligibility.
- Educate Male Circumcision clients on risks and benefits of MC.
- Explain the roll-out protocol and procedures of the MC to the clients.
- Explain to the client the general procedure of MC session Administer consent to eligible clients.
- Provide counseling on HIV risk-reduction and behavior change, including ABC
- Conduct interviews on socio demographic, behavioural and health information.
- Implement and monitor infection prevention standards pre-operation, intra-operation and post operation.
- Discuss return appointments for MC clients.
- Conduct interviews on socio demographic, behavioral and health information.
- Offer on-going counseling to MC clients, guardians/parents.
- Offer appropriate referral options to the clients.
- Discuss return appointments for circumcision.
- Any other official duties that may be assigned to your supervisor.
- Ensure all the necessary logistics are ready 24hours before the day of the surgery.
- To assist in Basic life support to clients during emergency.
- Any other official duties assigned to you by your immediate supervisor.
Required Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- A diploma in Counseling from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a recognized institution/organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- HTC / VCT trained by NASCOP or Liverpool
- VMMC training is an added advantage
- Stress tolerance
- Attention to detail
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Proactive and reliable
How to Apply:
- A cover letter detailing current work, prior experience and qualifications in the areas described above, telephone and e-mail contact
- A current CV
- Names, telephone and e-mail contacts of at least 3 professional referees
Applications are submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title on the subject of the email.