NGO Nursing Job in Kenya 2014
Nursing Job in Kenya
The Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS) is a non-profit organization, dedicated to improving reproductive health of men and women in Kenya, with its headquarters in Kisumu, Kenya.
NRHS has several projects researching on HIV prevention; it runs support groups for PLWHA and MARPS, and is working with the Ministry of Health to scale up male circumcision for HIV prevention in various parts of Nyanza Province.
NRHS is seeking to hire the following position: Nurse
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Explain the MC protocol to the patients.
- Scrub patients for the surgery.
- Liaise with the cleaners to ensure that theatre is cleaned after and in readiness for circumcision of patients i.e. maintain and ensure sterility of the theatre environment.
- Ensure the cleanliness and sterilization of the instruments that are used in the circumcision before and after circumcision in liaison with the cleaning staff.
- Conduct training for Ministry of Health Personnel and any other medical personnel during the society’s sessions with these parties.
- Assist the Surgeon or Clinical Officer in theatre cases.
- Maintain a regularly updated inventory of all surgical instruments and consumables.
- Take an active role in the training of other Nurse in the MC project.
- To screen patients and ensure that they are fit for surgery.
- To ensure proper patients’ record keeping and accurate entry of data before and after surgery.
- To give health education on preparation of surgery and post operative care.
- To dispense pre-medication and post-operative analgesics.
- Ensure patient safety before surgery, during surgery and immediately after surgery.
Required Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- A diploma in nursing from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in a recognized institution/organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Trained & Experienced in VMMC & PrePex device procedure is an added advantage
- Stress tolerance
- Attention to detail
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Proactive and reliable
How to Apply:
- A cover letter detailing current work, prior experience and qualifications in the areas described above, telephone and e-mail contact
- A current CV
- Names, telephone and e-mail contacts of at least 3 professional referees
Applications are submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title on the subject of the email.