NRHS Clinical Officer Kenyan Job in Kenya 2014
Medical Kenyan Job 2014
The Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS) is a non-profit organization, dedicated to improving reproductive health of men and women in Kenya, with its headquarters in Kisumu, Kenya.
NRHS has several projects researching on HIV prevention; it runs support groups for PLWHA and MARPS, and is working with the Ministry of Health to scale up male circumcision for HIV prevention in various parts of Nyanza Province.
NRHS is seeking to hire the following position: Clinical Officer
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform circumcisions and monitor the healing process of clients.
- Record any adverse events arising from the surgery as those not related to the MC roll out providing detailed explanations of the type, causes and management of the complications.
- Conduct medical examinations, and provide treatment at both scheduled and unscheduled visits, refer clients to appropriate providers for specialized management of their conditions.
- Prepare infections control protocol and oversee that it is followed adequately.
- Ensure coordination of clinical activities with the laboratory, data entry staff, nurse, counselor and receptionist.
- Keep information about clients in strict confidence.
- Be fully responsible and accountable for project resources entrusted upon them.
- Contributing to the Course content development and delivery.
- Participate in training of Ministry of Heath Staff and mobile Circumcision teams on the MC roll-out and the surgery itself.
- Implement proposed MC training work plan to address knowledge gap in GOK MOH and other relevant medical staff knowledge and skills in MC.
- Any other official duties as may be assigned by the Medical Officer, District Coordinator, Project Coordinator or any other superior officer of NRHS.
Required Minimum Qualifications &Experience
- A diploma or equivalent in clinical medicine & surgery
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Trained & Experienced in VMMC & PrePex device procedure is an added advantage
- Stress tolerance
- Attention to detail
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Proactive and reliable
How to Apply:
A cover letter detailing current work, prior experience and qualifications in the areas described above, telephone and e-mail contact
A current CV
Names, telephone and e-mail contacts of at least 3 professional referees
Applications are submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title on the subject of the email.
Applications should be received on or before: 14th January, 2014 at close of business.